Result of Act Apprentices 2009, Notification No. P/R/14/F/100/P-V/Act Appr. dated 12.08.2009
DRAFT VOTER LIST OF KHARAGPUR WORKSHOP
Kharagpur Workshop was established in 1898 as a small repair workshop of Bengal Nagpur Railway. Kharagpur Workshop has evolved and grown over the years to become the largest maintenance workshop of the Indian Railways. It carries out periodic overhaul of all varieties of B.G. Rolling Stock viz., Diesel Locomotives, Electric Locomotives, Coaches, all types of Wagons, Electric Multiple Units (EMUs) and Steam and Diesel Cranes.
The Workshop also undertakes manufacture of a large number of Rolling Stock components and spares. Apart from this, Diesel POH Shop has the facilities for re-winding of traction machines, including coil manufacturing. The Supervisors Training Centre attached to this Workshop has been provided with a Simulator for training of Diesel Locomotive Drivers.
To exceed the quality and delivery requirements of our customer with respect to overhauling of coaches including EMU Motor and Trailer coaches, Wagons, Diesel and Electric Locomotives and their accessories and to continually improve our quality management system.
- To ensure customer satisfaction as reflected through improvement in post-overhaul reliability.
- Reduce finished material rejection by continual development of equipment, inspection, process control and competence among all staff and employees.
- Continual development of product as per customer predicted need and delight to customers through innovation.
- To achieve the quality targets established for each unit of Kharagpur Workshop.
Milestones in the History of Kharagpur Workshop
- 1898 : Workshop established.
- 1903 : POH of Steam Locomotives started.
- 1917 : POH of Wagons started.
- 1963 : POH of Diesel Locomotives started.
- 1985 : POH of Electric Locomotives started.
2004 : Accredited with ISO 9001:2000 certificate.
- Postal address
Chief Works Manager,
South Eastern Railway Workshop,
Kharagpur, Paschim Mednipur-721301
Developed and Powered By U K Mishra, I T Centre, Kharagpur Workshop, S. E. Railway.
Copying the contents of this site without permission may invite legal action against the offender.