SUPERVISORS TRAINING CENTRE
Supervisors' Training Centre, Kharagpur, established as “System Technical School” way back in 1962, with the idea of building mechanical Supervisors for Railways through introducing five years Apprenticeship, has long and glorious past In due course,this Training Centre was assigned to provide training and testing of loco Running staff and categorize drivers on the basis of their energy efficient driving skills. In the year 1992, the “System Technical School” was renamed as “Supervisors’ Training Centre”.
Scenario of Railway Transportation Service has been changed with the passes of time and to compete with this changed scenario, different need based training programmes viz. Disaster Management, Computer awareness (Information Technology), Training of Trainers, Supervisory Development Programmes, etc have been designed and implemented.
STC/KGP is one of the Major Training Institutions of IR with a Trainee Capacity of around 500 (i.e. On an average, every moment 150 maintenance Supervisors and 250 running staff are available in this Training Centre and it earns more than one lakh Trainee-Days per year). It has its own Class-Rooms, Technical Model Rooms, Hostels, Laboratories, Gym-Hall, Auditorium, Train Driving Simulator, Cafeteria, Recreation Club, attached Diesel Loco Shed, an Integrated Workshop (largest in Asia), Computer Lab (with internet connectivity) etc for catering to the training needs of above two lakhs of Railway Employees of SER, ECoR & SECR collectively.
Besides, STC/KGP is the only institution on IR which has developed its own In-House ‘Master Trainer (MT)’, a status accredited by the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Government of India (GoI), the apex governing body in the country in all training-related matters, for all Ministries of GoI including Ministry of Railways, to look after the overall functioning of effective Training-Delivery, Selection of Appropriate Training Methods (52 commonly adopted Training Methods), Validation / Evaluation Modalities, Training Needs Analysis, Design of Training, Faculty Development Programme (FDP), Creating & Maintaining Suitable Learning Environments, Participatory Learning, Andragogy, Management Games etc. The first and the only Master Trainer of Indian Railways, among around 14 lakhs of workforce, has been developed by STC/KGP only, which distinguishes itself from all other training centres of IR.
Conducting technical film shows, Seminars, Presentations etc. on topics like Disaster In terms of total trainee days earned and infrastructural facility, “Supervisors’ Training Centre”/Kharagpur has appeared as the largest Supervisors’ Training Centre in Indian Railway.
VISION & MISSION
The mission statement of Supervisors’ Training Centre is as follows
“To Develop the Knowledge and Skills of Supervisors & Running Staff and to Effect Attitudinal Change by Systematic Training so as to Achieve Excellence in Work and bring about Continual Improvement in the Performance of the Indian Railways.”
In order to fulfil above mission, Supervisors’ Training Centre has the following objectives to achieve.
- To Impart Qualitative and Effective Theoretical and Field Training to the Newly Recruited and Promoted Supervisors to Develop their Professional Competency.
- To Refresh and Update the Technical Knowledge of the C&W Supervisors in the area of Latest Maintenance Practices to Provide Safe Train Services to the Fullest Satisfaction of Our Esteemed Customers.
- To Refresh and Update the Technical Knowledge & Skills of Loco Running Staff to Provide Safe and Punctual Train Services.
- To Design and Deliver Need-Based Training to Supervisors to Improve their Technical and supervisory Skills in keeping with changing trends.
- To Mould Supervisors into Effective Leaders to Achieve Organisational Goals.
- To refresh and update knowledge and skill of Ministerial staff in office procedure and office maintenance.
- To Train the Trainers of All The Training Centres of Indian Railways to become Effective Trainers.
| Name of the Institution||Supervisor’s Training Centre-Kharagpur |
| Name of the Principal|| Sri T Ramaswamy|
| Location of the Training Institution|| 2.75 Km from Kharagpur Railway Station. (i.e. From Stn. 0.75 Km towards south and then 2 Km towards West )|
| Address|| Principal|
Supervisors’ Training Centre
6th Avenue, Kharagpur,
Dist - Paschim Midnapur
West Bengal - PIN Code – 721301
| Telephone Numbers|| Railway - 62656 | BSNL - 03222 – 223288 | Fax - 03222-256618|
| Email-ID|| |