The Bengal Nagpur Railway was formed.
The construction of a new bridge over the Kanhah River commenced in 1884 and was completed in 1887.
4th Dec 1888
The section from Rajnandgaon to Raipur was opened for traffic.
14th Feb 1889
The section from Raipur to Bilaspur was opened for traffic.
6th Oct 1890
The East Coast Railway was inaugurated.
1st Feb 1891
The main line for BNR from Nagpur to Asansol was opened for Goods traffic.
9th Mar 1891
The Bilaspur-Katni Branch was opened for traffic.
1st Oct 1892
The Saranda tunnel was completed and opened for traffic
21st Aug 1893
The Kakinada-Visakhapatnam line was opened for traffic.
1893 to 1896
800 miles of East Coast Railway line was built and opened for traffic.
1893 to 1896
East Coast Railway built some of the largest bridges viz. Brahmani, Mahanadi, Katjuri, Kuakhai and Birupa during the period.
1st Feb 1897
Khurda Road-Puri (27 miles) section was opened for traffic.
The most vital section of BNR viz. Sini-Kharagpur & Kolaghat and Kharagpur-Cuttack were opened for traffic.
1st Jan 1899
BNR?s Line to Cuttack was opened.
Kolaghat-Howrah section was completed.
19th April 1900
Roopanarayan Bridge near Kolaghat was opened and first train passed over.
The construction of a bridge on River Mahanadi near Cuttack was completed.
1st Feb 1901
Kharagpur-Midnapur Branch line was opened for traffic.
45.74 miles long Dhamtari line and 10.50 miles long Rajim Branch were opened for traffic.
13th April 1903
The first portion of Gondia-Nainpur (73 miles) was opened.
Nainpur became the focal point of Satpura lines.? Nainpur-Chindwara section was opened for traffic.
Nainpur-Gondia line was extended upto Jabalpur.
15th Nov 1907
Purulia-Ranchi Branch was opened for traffic.
Extension of Gomoh, a point of East Indian Railways main line was completed.
The Head Office Building of B N R was constructed at a cost of Rs.7, 01,995/-
Gondia-Nagbhir-Nagpur line was opened for traffic.
Vizianagaram-Parvatipuram (49 miles) section was opened
A 40 mile branch line from Tatanagar to Gurumahisarani where plenty of iron ores are available was opened for traffic.
Nagpur-Chidwara extension was opened for traffic.? With this, the biggest network of narrow gauge line in Indian Sub-continent was completed. Its length was extended 610 miles.? This Satpura line project was initiated by Sir T.R.Wynne.
Mohuda-Chandrapura (9 miles) Branch was opened for traffic.
Nagbhir-Rajoli (30 miles) was opened and extended upto Chanda.
Extension to Salur on Vizianagaram-Parvatipuram section was opened.
B N R Hotel at Ranchi was established.
Bankura-Damodar River Railway in narrow gauge was built by Bengal Nagpur Railway.
Burnpur, India?s second largest Iron & Steel Plant was established.
BNR Hotel at Puri was established.
Tatanagar-Gurumahisani line was extended upto Badampahar.
To feed iron ore and magnese ores to Burnpur Steel Plant Amda,? (New Khurswan) on BNR?s main line built.
17th Jan 1924
Kharswan-Dongaposi was opened for traffic.
Extension to Gua was completed.
20th Mar 1927
72 mile Barkakhana-Chandil section was opened for traffic.
54 mile long Anuppur Chirimiri section was opened
Shalimar Goods Shed on the bank of River Hooghly was in operational.
Parlakmedi-Gunupur section was opened in two portions in 1929 and 1931
Raipur-Parvatipuram line was completed.
The development of Vizag Port by Bengal Nagpur Railway was completed.
18TH Dec 1933
The Visakhapatnam Port was officially declared open by His Excellency Lord Willingtorn, the then Viceroy and Governor General of India.
1st Oct 1944
The management of Bengal Nagpur Railway was taken by Government of India.
Raipur-Dhamtari Branch was the first Narrow Gauge line of Bengal Nagpur Railway.
B N R Emerged as South Eastern Railway.
The Visakhapatnam Port was managed by Bengal Nagpur Railway till October.
14th May 1958
Bhillai-Dallijahara line was opened for traffic.
4th Feb 1959
Bhilai Steel Plant was built and inaugurated by Dr.Rajendra Prasad, President of India. The steel plant was situated between Durg and Raipur on S.E.Railway's main stream.
The Dandakaranya-Bolangir-Kiriburu Railway Project.
Ranchi-Kotshila was converted into BG
31st Jan 1962
Foundation stone of Cuttack-Paradip line was laid by the then Prime Minister, Late Jawarlal Nehru.